First, let me say that I am very grateful that you are considering sending a product for me to review. I’ve always thought that product reviews should be constructive. So, if you are kind enough to send me a product to review, I’ll follow these simple guidelines.
- I always review a product for what it is. I do not expect it to be what it is not. For example: I will not slam an inexpensive gun because it does not have the features or style of an expensive gun.
- I always review a product from at least these two point of view:
- Do I like it and would I use it?
- Regardless of whether I like it, would the product get the job done for the folks it is intend to serve?
- I always give constructive feedback. If I think something about a product isn’t as good as it could be, I’ll say so. Then I will give some constructive suggestions that I think might make the product better.
- I always tell the truth and shoot straight. I don’t lie, cheat or do favors. If you send me a product to review, I will give you an honest review and I will provide honest, respectful and constructive feedback.
- I always post the video reviews on YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, BitChute, UTGEtube, and on GunGuy.TV. Occupationally, I will talk about a product on the audio podcast. However, that is usually a sponsored placement for which I charge a fee.
- I never use profanity on GunGuyTV (or anywhere else, for that matter) and I will never use it in a review of a product.
- I never make insulting comments about a product or a manufacturer.
- I never post harsh, completely negative or derogatory reviews. As stated above, if I think a product could be better, I’ll say so and I will explain how and why. If I can’t say something constructive about a product, I won’t post anything at all.
- I never charge a fee to review a product. That stated, some companies want their product review completed and published in a specific time frame. While the review is free of charge, specifying the time in which the review is completed and published is not. If you wish to discuss the cost of that service, please contact me directly.
- I never review incomplete or non-functional products. If your product arrives without instructions for it’s use or if the product does not function properly out of the box for any reason, I will not review it.
- I never pay to return products. If you want your product returned, you must send me a pre-paid return shipping label within 120 days of my having received the product. If I do not receive a pre-paid return shipping label within that time period, the product may not be returned to you.
- I never bow to pressure regarding reviews. I schedule reviews based upon the following considerations:
- Paying sponsors: In order to keep GunGuyTV going we accept paying sponsors who advertise on GunGuyTV videos and podcasts. While I don’t charge for product reviews, I do my best to prioritize the reviews that are requested by our paying advertising sponsors. If you are interested in becoming an advertising sponsor of GunGuyTV, please contact me. I will be happy to work with you.
- Content flow and variation: For example: I will not review similar products one right after another. Likewise, I do not produce a constant stream of product reviews. Other content, such as interviews with gun rights organizations, vlogs, podcasts and instructional videos are also posted fairly regularly.
- Financial considerations: Some reviews require a financial investment on my part to hire additional crew. Such reviews may be postponed until both the finances and manpower are available.
- Weather: Some reviews require a trip to Yuma Arizona. In some cases, this is due to California legal restrictions. In other cases, the review requires a venue that is not available to me in California, such as an open range or long distance range. In those cases, we use the Adair Range in Yuma. As you might imagine, summer temperatures in Yuma can approach 120 degrees. Consequently, I generally schedule such interviews from late October through early June.
- Available time: Producing quality videos and writing quality articles takes time. As a result, production happens as quickly as possible given the available amount of time.
- Order received: To the greatest degree possible, while taking the items listed above into consideration, I try to complete reviews in the order that products are received. When I have a backlog of products to review, which is often, it may take a while for me to get to yours. Please be patient.
Things to consider prior to sending me your product:
- Some folks live by the motto, “The squeaky wheel gets the grease.” So, let me try to head that one off at the pass. While I completely understand the desire to get the review published as soon as possible, I hope that the information above has helped to explain our process and why producing your review may take longer than you like. I would ask you to remember that I don’t charge to review products.
- I apologize for being blunt with this one. But, there is no nice way to say this. I do not review junk products or cheap knock-offs. Junk products and cheap knock-offs waste everyone’s time. Therefore, If your product is not a well-made and high-quality product or if it is a cheap knock-off, please DO NOT send it to me. If you send it, I will not review it.
- I do not review products sent to me by folks who have Amazon affiliate stores or Ebay stores unless you are the manufacturer or authorized distributor of the product. I only accept product review requests from manufacturers, distributors and legitimate retailers.
If you would like me to review something, please send me a note and then send your product to one of two places:
If it’s a gun:
To ship guns, please do the following:
- Contact us directly for shipping instructions and a copy of the appropriate FFL. Since we are located in California where firearms are heavily restricted, we have established business relationships with FFLs in the neighboring state of Arizona. We’ll need to send you the appropriate FFL and shipping information for the firearm you want reviewed.
- Include a pre-paid return shipping label. We cannot return the firearm to you without a pre-paid shipping label.
- Include a brief description of the gun’s intended customer base.
- Provide any web links that you want included in the review.
If it’s NOT a gun:
To ship products other than firearms, send them directly to us. Please use the contact form on this website to request the shipping address.
Include the following:
- Pre-paid return shipping label if you want the product back. We cannot return the product to you without a pre-paid shipping label.
- Instructions for use.
- Brief description of the product’s intended customers.
- Provide any web links that you want included in the review.